“I was poisoned at my party secretariat during campaigns” Ex. Governor Nyesom Wike says

    The immediate past governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike, has shared the story of how he was poisoned by some persons at his party’s secretariat in 2018 and how God helped him to survive the ordeal.

    While speaking at his family thanksgiving service which held at St. Peter’s Anglican Church, Rumuepirikom Deanery, of the Diocese of Niger Delta North on Sunday, June 18,  Wike recalled that in 2018, he suffered liver and kidney failure as diagnosed in a hospital in Beirut, Lebanon after the poison intake. He said in December 2018, he was supposed to attend the thanksgiving of his former Chief of Staff, Chief Emeka Woke, however he couldn’t because he incapacitated after being poisoned.

    “From that Sunday, I never came down from my room. It was bad, but those who attended the January 1st, State Banquet of 2019, will know that I never spoke that day. I just sat down there and I told my deputy governor to speak on my behalf. People didn’t know what was going on. After that banquet, by 12 midnight, I was taken out of the country because I thought it was over.

    When we got to Beirut, the doctors looked at me and I was looking at them. They were not telling me anything. They said we have to do many tests.They came back the next morning and said it was bad. My kidney had gone, My liver had gone.

    I never knew that I had been poisoned in our campaign secretariat. My intestinal were all black. The doctors did all they could do. But, through divine providence, what would have been a disastrous situation was miraculously turned around by God, who immediately began to restore his failed organs, ” Wike said

    I was poisoned at my party secretariat during campaigns. My wife was diagnosed with cancer - Former Governor, Nyesom Wike reveals at his family thanksgiving

    Wike also recalled that days leading to the 2022 Peoples Democratic Party presidential campaign, his wife, Hon. Justice Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-Wike, called him from London that she had been diagnosed with cancer. 

    The former governor said he was devastated by the news and even contemplated leaving the presidential race, but his wife urged him not to.

    He said to the glory of God, she was eventually healed of cancer and her life preserved.