A Groom collapses and dies at the altar as his bride walks down the aisle (photos)

    A groom with terminal cancer collapsed and died at the altar as his horrified bride walked down the aisle with their son.

    Paul Wynn, 57, a father of eleven children from North Ayrshire, Scotland, collapsed at Saltcoats town hall last Friday just minutes before he was due to be wed to Alison Wynn, his partner of 21 years. 

    According to Mail Online, Mr. Wynn was originally diagnosed with cancer in May and was later told it had turned terminal eight days before he then decided to marry his partner Alison, 36. 

    The report said he was told he had six weeks and two months left to live by doctors, who told him his pancreatic cancer had spread to his liver and lungs. 

    On the day, which was supposed to their wedding, Wynn collapsed at the altar as Alison walked towards him with their son. 

    Alison described him as a ‘fantastic dad’ in a heartfelt tribute following his sudden death.  She also revealed that her partner hadn’t received any treatment before his death.

    Alison said: ‘If I had known we didn’t have long I would’ve tried to arrange the wedding for the beginning of the week. He never actually got any treatment.’ 

    Alison left her home on the afternoon of Friday, June 25 feeling overwhelmed after organising a wedding at such short notice. She waited 10 minutes outside the town hall for a friend to bring her flowers after she forgot them at home. 

    Paul Wynn with his sons Sandy, Marcus, and Tarquin on his wedding day – before his death

    After collecting them, she went upstairs where she saw the groom, who she said looked uncomfortable.  

    She explained: ‘By the time I had gotten my flowers and went up the stairs. Everything seemed to be okay although Paul seemed to be a bit uncomfortable by this point and his kilt had been loosened a wee bit to help him feel more comfortable.

    ‘He had actually been wheeled up in an office chair into the lift and taken up the stairs as he had no energy to get up to the room. He was out of breath and struggling from what I was told.’

    Sandy, 20, the couple’s eldest child, walked her mother down the aisle after the guests were seated. 

    As Alison started her walk, she realised Mr Wynn had slumped down in the chair.   

    She said: ‘By the time I got to him I called his name a couple of times. He didn’t turn round, he didn’t look at me and I realised there was something wrong and I started breaking down and I started shouting his name and we knew something wasn’t right.’

    First-aiders also rushed to administer CPR and use a defibrillator – but Mr Wynn couldn’t be revived.

    Reacting to her partner’s death, Alison said: ‘It was hard. It’s taken me a wee while to get to where I am now and every day just seems to merge into one.

    ‘It feels like only yesterday that it happened. I’m having to get up and moving every day for the sake of my children but I can’t eat.

    ‘Paul and I lost a child in 2004 after I had a miscarriage so it give me a bit of comfort that he’s up there with our child. His mother passed away in 2020 so at least he’s with her now too.’

    The couple had met in 1999, before having an on-and-off relationship.
    They had five kids together, Sandy, 20; Tarquin, 15, Marcus, 13, Louise, eight, and Poppy, four.  Mr. Wynn also shares six other children from past relationships.